Who We Are
To provide education, support and advocacy for individuals and families impacted by mental illness (brain-based disorders). We strive to effect positive change in our local mental health system, and increase the public and professional understanding of mental illness.
NAMI Sioux Falls will accomplish its mission through the following:
- Advocating for appropriate public policy and sufficient funding to create and support a comprehensive system of care.
- Educating the public, service providers, policy makers and donors as to the current understanding of these disorders using personal knowledge and experience, and science-based information.
- Educating the public by offering a monthly educational program.
- Educating family members and individuals with the lived experience of mental illness through the use of NAMI education courses.
- Providing support for individuals with the lived experience of mental illness and their family members through NAMI Support Programs.
- Establishing cooperative liaisons with other groups willing to support and work for NAMI’s mission.
- Mary Beth Fishback – President
- Krystal Weber – VP
- Jerry Hiebert – Secretary
- Tom Fishback – Treasurer
- Jennifer Miklos
- Valorie Urinko
- Becca Anderson
- Jessica Stienstra
- Denise Prescott
- Sara Lindquist- Executive Director